- About us
- Why Leadership?
- Courses & Services
- VENUE HIRE
- News & resources
LTCentric Global Event
Leading International Growth in a Recession
In a recession, growth of new markets and services becomes even more vital.
As traditional routes to market slow down, entering a new or alternative market is one of the most important decisions to be made by organisations. Yet, despite its importance, the approaches taken by many organisations in identifying profitable and deliverable markets are often based on ad-hoc decisions and intuition.
This has to change if success in this area is to be achieved.
New market entry has the potential to
- Improve a company’s revenue base
- Solidify relationships with existing customers
- Diversify their client base by targeting different segments or solutions.
Measuring the risks and potential returns of these ventures can be a somewhat difficult task for obvious reasons. We have all heard tales of unsound business cases and execution failures, with common pitfalls such as: -
- Chasing transitory trends.
- Building business cases based on overly optimistic assumptions
- Developing unrealistic views of the size of the opportunity
- Leveraging internal capabilities to penetrate a new market without understanding whether demand exists
- Failing to recognise the possible negative impact of new market entry actions
Organisations that get it right, and have enjoyed great success by turning new market entry into the cornerstone of their growth strategies, understand that Strategic Intent must be established and led from the top, and a structured measured approach to International Expansion is essential.
In addition there is a direct relationship between the quality of leadership and business success. DDI’s Global Leadership Forecast 2011 sponsored by the Chartered Institute of Personal Development - showed that “organisations with the highest quality leaders were 13 times more likely to outperform their competition in key metrics such as financial performance”.
This is why………….
The Leadership Trust and Centric Global have teamed up to present a one day workshop designed to stimulate thinking, work through case studies, and remove the jargon to help you develop clear, effective Strategic Intent to grow your business.
This unique workshop, will help you to:
- Develop clarity on your Strategy (Strategic Intent) to move forward
- Understand the correct criteria on which to base expansion decisions
- Create a timed, joined up International Approach
- Design tailored Country Filters for effective Market Analysis
- Understand how to develop a Risk Assessed Commercial Approach
- Implement corrective actions for on-going expansion that isn’t working to plan
- Provide tools for Leadership, Clear Communications and Ownership in their business needs development
Date and location
This event is now being rescheduled to the Autumn, date to be confirmed.
Format of the day
- 09:00 Registration, Tea and Coffee
- 09:30 GET results - An introduction to the GET model
- 10:00 Growth - Strategic Intent
- 11:00 Break
- 11:15 Interactive session - Leading Strategic Development
- 11:45 Finding Efficiencies - Core versus Non-core
- 12:15 Transformation
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 1600 - Optional 1:2:1 meetings with members of Centric Global and the Leadership Trust team
Finally, as you will realise, we are now committed to significant costs of these events. While it is understood that unforeseen events can force a change of plans, it would be most appreciated if you could maintain your commitment to attend in all but the most difficult of circumstances and if you are unable to attend please let us know as soon as possible.
We have managed to arrange matters so that there is no charge for you to attend this excellent learning and networking experience and we would like to continue to do so for you and others in the future.